Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e). Pour pouvoir écrire ou répondre à un message, vous devez vous connecter ou vous créer un compte sur JAWA.

#1 19-06-2022 15:11:27

mysterysgames
Membre

Object doesn't become visible ✓

I'm having problems to make an object visible again.
Just created a test game [b]#5525[/b] to check this issue. You take the hook, and the image becomes invisible. Then use the hook from the inventory on the box, and the hook should become visible again, but it doesn't.

#2 21-06-2022 12:40:59

jawa
Admin

Re : Object doesn't become visible ✓

Hi
I don't think it's a bug.
The hook is an inventory object, it cannot be in the inventory and in a scene at the same time.
The standard "default" behavior of an inventory object into a scene is to transfer from the scene to the inventory, so it automatically disappear from the scene and appears in the inventory, as it's the "same" object => you don't need to deactivate it.
(you don't even need to create an interaction for that, but you can create an interaction "pick up XXX" to customize the effects when the player takes the object)

If you want an object  in the player's inventory to go back to a scene  when the player clicks on it, y'ou'll have to create an interaction with a "removeobject object "(perdre:xxx:target_scene) effect and specify the id of the scene in wich you want the object to return  (0= current scene)

I changed your test game to show you.

Also, a tip a bit tricky to understand: you should not specify  the scene in which the interactions takes place ("the "in field": in most cases, leave it to "anywhere") in your interactions definitions because it will force the interaction to trigger only if the target object is in a specific scene: if the object is in the inventory, it's not in a scene (choose "from the inventory" if you need to distinct effects if the object is triggered from the inventory and not from the scene)

#3 21-06-2022 17:09:49

mysterysgames
Membre

Re : Object doesn't become visible ✓

I see, thank you for the explanation and advice. I didn't realize that items are differently handled than scene object.
Still learning :)

EDIT: I could incorporate your advice into my current game, thanks again.

Dernière modification par mysterysgames (21-06-2022 19:22:02)

Pied de page des forums