Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e). Pour pouvoir écrire ou répondre à un message, vous devez vous connecter ou vous créer un compte sur JAWA.

#1 29-06-2021 16:39:23

Charleei
Membre

Losing my marbles with the dialogue ✓

Can someone please help me I have been fighting with this for days now and cannot figure out what is going on!

So I have 5 dialogue options in my game. four of the options are pretty straight forward. The fifth option sends the player off to another scene and then when they come back if they choose any of the options again they get stuck in a loop and cannot end the conversation no matter what they choose.

It is so strange because it acts normally and doesn't put the player in a loop until they visit that scene then once they do they are stuck!

I hope I am explaining that clearly.

#2 29-06-2021 16:45:14

Charleei
Membre

Re : Losing my marbles with the dialogue ✓

I did a quick screen recording so you can see what I mean. Before i go to the screen the dialogue acts normally, once I have been to the screen it just loops back to the beginning again and again no matter what I choose.

In the video I show the dialogue tree where it says that the conversation should end but it doesn't

Video: [url]https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3nfdzxc0y0j06j/hellpp.mp4?dl=0[/url]

Dernière modification par Charleei (29-06-2021 16:45:46)

#3 29-06-2021 17:36:37

jawa
Admin

Hello Charlee,
Looks like an evil bug. I'll have a look on that.
J

#4 29-06-2021 17:51:32

jawa
Admin

OK I think it's fixed.
The problem is that using a "change scene" effect inside a dialog interaction breaks the dialog (the following effects are skipped) and it prevents the transition to work correctly when you go back in the scene.
This specific case should have been notified in the gamescript verificator, I'll try to fix that.

To solve that :
You had the good idea by forcing the dialogue variable to the INIT step in your effects but this effect needs to be placed before the change scene effect (i.e before the bulb script).
And another thing, you must use an indirect (end of dialogue) transition between BULB and init (not sure I can explain why..)
I made the changes in your game, tell me if it's ok now.
If you want the man to speak directly when the player goes back
use an "enter in [angry man scene] scene" to activate him when the player goes back from the bulb scene (set a variable to control that).
J

#5 29-06-2021 19:03:44

Charleei
Membre

Thank you so much!!

It has been making me crazy ha ha

I never think it's a bug I always think I've done something stupid!

#6 24-07-2021 05:59:08

Uncle Bee
Membre

Excuse me!
My name is Evendy.
I have experienced the same thing too.
I made a dialogue and I used a "change scene" effect inside a dialog interaction.
After that, I used END CONVERSATION to INT.
but, I tried many times and it won't go back to INT(Beginning of Conversation)

I am desperate to thinkabout it.
Help please?

#7 24-07-2021 19:49:00

Charleei
Membre

I could be wrong but from the mistake I made I *think* it works like this:
When you change the scene it sends the game off and doesn't get to the END CONVERSATION step so can't go back to the beginning. So when you click again it picks up where it left off (at the change scene bit.)

I think you have to end the conversation before changing the scene. I would copy the whole code from my game over but I can't seem to get into the dialogue screens this evening... I'm hoping it's just a temp bug.

I hope that helps (if I am even right)

#8 25-07-2021 06:33:08

Uncle Bee
Membre

The question is how to end the conversation before changing the scene?

Everytime I chose 'END OF CONVERSATION NEXT DIALOGUE SET TO STEP 'INT'', there will be a box showing ERREUR SQL / CONTACTEZ JAWA - CORRELATION ID = 1627194553.

I have done exactly the same the instruction on Jawa's Youtube Video. But it didn't work.

Help please?

Dernière modification par Uncle Bee (25-07-2021 06:34:13)

#9 25-07-2021 07:39:17

jawa
Admin

Hello
This SQL error should be fixed, can you confirm ? (and Charlee too)
Otherwise please open a new thread with the game/intercations/objects ids to reproduce. (New threads triggers me more efficiently!)

And to solve the END OF DIALOG / RETURN TO INIT STEP problem, you have to place an effect to reset the dialogue BEFORE

variable:dialogue_<id of your character>:INIT
changescene:<id of ne scene>

Z

#10 25-07-2021 13:14:14

Uncle Bee
Membre

Re : Losing my marbles with the dialogue &check;

I am new in using JAWA.

how to make this?

Sorry. I don't know how to it.

#11 25-07-2021 17:43:39

Charleei
Membre

So when you see the bottom box (where it originally says blah blah) at the bottom there are 3 buttons - add an effect, - Edit and - JAWAscript

If you click on JAWAscript the window will change and you will see the code of the dialogue. Here is where you can type

The bits in between the <> you can find by clicking on your character or the scene itself on the left hand window in the main editor.

Please let me know if any of that doesn't make sense

#12 26-07-2021 04:22:12

Uncle Bee
Membre

Excuse me.
How to find ID of my character?
I make a 1st person game.

#13 26-07-2021 07:46:11

jawa
Admin

hello
The id of any scene or abject appears in many places with the # char before, for instance in the scene editor, object editor, in the asset list, when you move the mouse over an object ...
You can also in the code editing mode press the TAB key to show the wizard. in tghis wizard you can find any object id by typing it's name in the research field. You can quicky skip any effects or condition box to code edition mode by double clicking on it (or right clicking for a bigger view)

The Id of the player's charcter is always 0. There are other  generic ids like 1 = triggered  object (i.e the object carrying the interaction), 2 = combined object etc...

Sorry I always assume everyone is using th jawascript code edition. Even if it looks a bit more complicated that using the graphical, you really should try to learn this very very simple language and eventually you'll save a lot of time and create better interactions this way.
And you can still use the wizard to find Ids and add effects code lines pressing the TAB key inside a code editor.

Z

#14 26-07-2021 08:05:21

Uncle Bee
Membre

Thank you. I will try it.

#15 26-07-2021 09:28:23

Charleei
Membre

I found the easiest way to learn how the code box works is to use the easy way of clicking the pictures then opening the JAWAscript code and looking at it.

Then you can see how it all works.

#16 26-07-2021 09:51:06

jawa
Admin

Sure! In fact the effect wizard so you can use it to learn the Jawa syntax (but remember you can call it inside a code box too with the tab key).

Just notice that the wizard only gives acces to the 20 basic (and most useful) effects but there is around 20 other "advanced" effects that you can insert only by typing them in the code and some of theme are quiete cool too (such as "fx", "share", conditional blocks and loops...)
You need to refer to the manual (§ intercations > effects) to get the complete list and their synatx, but I know that sadly the english auto-translation of the user's manual is very poor :(

#17 13-07-2022 11:59:45

Komplex
Membre

Hello, having done I guess the longest game ever made with this amazing tool I can say that the main event that saved me dozens of time is ADD a PAUSE...
like in cinema, you put a pause a music and the BACK TO INIT just before the change scene falls in place and PLUS you will give to your game a feeling of cinematic experience.

Pied de page des forums