Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e). Pour pouvoir écrire ou répondre à un message, vous devez vous connecter ou vous créer un compte sur JAWA.

#1 25-07-2021 14:56:56

Wall Dog Games
Membre

Audio and Video for a newbie. ✓

Hi!

I'm making a point-and-click horror game, and I've written my own score. I'd like to know if it is possible to have a song loop throughtout the game without it starting over each time you passage to another screen? And is there a way to have a video play automatically, right after your press begin? Thank you!

#2 25-07-2021 17:52:10

Charleei
Membre

Re : Audio and Video for a newbie. ✓

Hi, I have done this so I can tell you how I did it, but there might be a better way.

First I uploaded the music as an mp3 in the first scene I wanted it to start playing I scrolled to the bottom of the scene and loaded the sound in using the Ambience - browse button.

Then for each scene I wanted the music in I did the same thing, when the player moved between scenes it didn't start again it just continued to play without a break (very clever!)

As for video you can add a play video effect to a scene by clicking on the scene you would like the video to start playing on and in the bottom right there is a button called interactions. Add an interaction to play the video. Hope that helps :)

#3 26-07-2021 09:48:56

jawa
Admin

Re : Audio and Video for a newbie. ✓

Hi.
First, there was a bug in the ambiance sounds/musics due to the last update. It should be ok now.

Then: Exactly ! If you want the same music in the whole game without breaking/restarting it when changing the scene, just upload the same mp3 in every scene's ambience field.

Anorther way to achieve that, more tricky but more clean :
- upload the music loop as a sound fx
- create a "set music" script with just one interaction (no condition) setting the music for all scenes :

ambiance:*:<music asset id>

( " * " means all scenes)

- then create a game  launch background task (parameters > background jobs > add
     -> target = "set music" script
     -> periodicity =  at each game launch

This avoid to upload  the music for all the secnes.
Z

#4 26-07-2021 23:55:34

Wall Dog Games
Membre

Re : Audio and Video for a newbie. &check;

Thank you both so much!

#5 13-07-2022 12:05:54

Komplex
Membre

Re : Audio and Video for a newbie. &check;

About VIDEO ... sometimes they don't really start ... better to convert in GIF and put a sound around. It's far better and always works.

Pied de page des forums