Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e). Pour pouvoir écrire ou répondre à un message, vous devez vous connecter ou vous créer un compte sur JAWA.

#1 31-03-2023 07:31:47

On the Job
Membre

Not possible to unpack game and use it offline

Hello,

Unfortunately I am unable to unpack my games and open them up offline. First I thought this was because of the size of one of my games, but now I realise that it's not even possible with small-sized games. Can anyone please help me out with this?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

Dernière modification par On the Job (31-03-2023 07:32:03)

#2 31-03-2023 07:48:16

jawa
Admin

Re : Not possible to unpack game and use it offline

Hi
can you please provide the "small" game ID, last build date ?
Did you try different uncompressing tools ?
I usually unpack the tar.gz with 7zip, works fine.

#3 31-03-2023 10:40:36

On the Job
Membre

Hi,

Thank you for the fast response.

The ID is 20230317-1324 (On the Job 2.0)

I tried it with 7zip and managed to unpack it. However, the only way to open the game is via 'index'. Is this the way to open the game? And if so, am I able to play the game offline as well? Lastly, I am wondering whether it is possible to embed the 'index' file into a LMS (learning management system) like Canvas?

#4 31-03-2023 20:44:51

jawa
Admin

yes, running the index.html file is the good way to launch the game as it's an html content, not an executable program.

I don't know canvas but JAWA games are standard HTML contents. But the game needs all the other files and directories in the the zip, so you you need to upload the whole directories structure in your LMS (or any server) and preserve the subdirectories.
Please note that when you host a game on a web server or any web tool (LMS, CMS), the server needs to support the "content negotiation" feature (all recent webservers support it) otherwise pictures won't be displayed.

Pied de page des forums